This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.carspecials.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this web site. This notice informs you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the web site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We collect information on this site only if you share it with us voluntarily us via typing into a contact form. We do not sell or rent this information to anyone, however we send this information to the dealerships who own the vehicles for sale on the website as this is in fact what you are requesting us to do.
We or our subscribing dealers will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization other than the dealer who owns the car(s) you have shown interest in.
Your ‘Access to’ and ‘Control Over’ Your Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. However, once we have forwarded your information to a dealer, you will need to contact that dealer to opt out of their communications should that need arise. You can opt-out at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- Ask to see what data we have about you, if any, so include your first and last name and the email address we are sending to you
- Ask us to change or correct any data we have about you
- Ask us to delete any data we have about you
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page (the URL).
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers and servers used to store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.